• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign server keeps crashing on windows server 2019

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to make a soap call to InDesign thread running on a specific port.   It crashed as soon as I make any call and it happens randomly to any port. 

Here is log description:
Faulting application name: InDesignServer.exe, version: 15.0.2.323, time stamp: 0x5e4c34cb
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.17763.719, time stamp: 0x15f8b9b3
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000006e91e
Faulting process id: 0x51c04
Faulting application start time: 0x01d64e8176b2d955
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign Server 2020\InDesignServer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 2b4fb19e-3442-42bb-8f0b-c34c2dcf2b94

I tried Resetting Preferences, Reinstalling visual studios, Reinstalled InDesign server. Nothing works.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?  I am so disappointed with this version. I already paid for the InDesign server which I can't use anymore on our production.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Application level logs including the crash logs are in the event viewer when argument -LogToApplicationEventLog is passed when starting InDesign Server. But because shared crash logs from the event viewer is not very helpful, the idea here is to narrow down the problem at the script level so that the crash can be reproduced more consistently and to log a bug if all the data being passed to InDesign Server is correct. Or otherwise correct any invalid data in the script that might be causing InDes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try and start InDesign Server with argument -LogToApplicationEventLog and see the event viewer to see if there's any clue there. Or you can see what's going on inside your script/which line of code causing the crash, log out to a text file from inside the script

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log I sent above is from the windows application event log. I am running the InDesign server on multiple ports and load balancing it and using the same script on all ports. It works on 70% of ports and 30% of ports just keep crashing.

It's crashing randomly with the same error

Faulting application name: InDesignServer.exe, version: 15.0.2.323, time stamp: 0x5e4c34cb
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.17763.719, time stamp: 0x15f8b9b3

Is there any known issue with ucrtbase.dll with this version of the InDesign server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also saw this error in eventlog

Faulting module name: Database.dll, version: 15.0.2.323, time stamp: 0x5e4c3371
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000001eb57
Faulting process id: 0xc96c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d64fd23cc863f7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign Server 2020\InDesignServer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign Server 2020\Database.dll
Report Id: 061cab1a-abc9-44d2-952c-7d75aa16dce4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mostly likely the crash originated from the script, best bet to narrow it down is to log the script execution flow out to a log file and see what's going on. Once you've narrowed it down and can consistently reproduce the crash, I'd suggest to log a bug at https://indesign.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell me how do I enable log here?

I have added -LogToApplicationEventLog in the InDesign server command argument but all I am seeing in the event log is ucrtbase.dll error I mentioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-LogToApplicationEventLog only logs application(IDS) level log to event viewer. For script level logs, you'll have to manually write it out to a log file yourself. Here's an example script can be added in your main script to find out the cause of the crash. Once you figured out the exact line of the crash in your main script, see the parameters/data being passed and see if correct parameters/data is being passed

var logFilePath = "~Desktop/idslog.txt";
var logFile = File(logFilePath);
if(!logFile.exists)
{
    logFile = new File(logFilePath);
}
logFile.open("a", undefined, undefined);
var date = new Date;
writeToLog(date, logFile);
writeToLog("Version: " + app.version, logFile);

var doc = app.open(file);
writeToLog("Doc opened: " + doc.name, logFile);

function writeToLog(logString, theLogFile)
{
    theLogFile.writeln(logString);
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

isn't there any way to get a detailed crash report or catch an error.

with this solution, we will be generating a log with thousands of lines as my script is very big.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing code. I just added snippet you provided to capture log in the first line of our script and it did not log anything when it crashed.  So I don't think anything is wrong with the script since it's also working on other running ports.

This is really blocker and a huge issue for us right now. Is there any way we can escalate this next level of support or get phone support so we can debug?  After paying so much money and investing so much time on developing a solution using ID server, lack of a stable system is extremely frustrating for our client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Application level logs including the crash logs are in the event viewer when argument -LogToApplicationEventLog is passed when starting InDesign Server. But because shared crash logs from the event viewer is not very helpful, the idea here is to narrow down the problem at the script level so that the crash can be reproduced more consistently and to log a bug if all the data being passed to InDesign Server is correct. Or otherwise correct any invalid data in the script that might be causing InDesign Server to crash

Support ticket can be logged via admin console https://adminconsole.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines