Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Share for Review blank window

New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the share for review tool used to work but now i only get the spinning circle when clicking update link. No progress at all.... new installation and logout from adobe didn't help.
(it's on a windows system)  

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update InDesign to v16.2.1 to get this fixed. Here's the link with more details:  https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180/suggestions/40698859

In case you are still facing this issue, please try the suggestions shared on this help article.

We hope that this information helps in improving your experience of using this feature but if you need further assistance, please post your query i

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 163 Replies 163
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been disrupting my work now for a month. I have reached out to Adobe Support via their chat box twice now. They remotely controlled my desktop for 2 hours and it still doesn't work, even though they emailed me saying they fixed it by creating a new document that didn't work 10 minutes later. Sometimes logging in and out of Cloud works, but today it is not. Fix this issue, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I can not get Share for Review working reliably for group commenting and comments in this forum indicate that several other users are having similar problems. Have you discovered alternative reliable workflows for sharing pdfs for review with multiple stakeholders and gathering comments? Using Acrobat or other technologies.  Thanks! Graham 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Graham,

It's a bummer this feature isn't rock solid. We use google drive for now. I
create a folder and share it with associates. Then I pop in the PDFs with
version numbers. The associates follow the link and can annotate using the
Google tools; draw box around an element and write a quick comment. It
works ok for us. Once someone leaves a comment I get an email from Google
with that comment and a link back to the document. We publish a weekly
28-36 page print and digital catalogue with tons of changes on prices,
product images and pages. It's the easiest way I've found so far. The other
associates are not very tech savvy and this seems to be working for them.

Hope this helps,
cheers,
tai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tai -- Thanks for the idea.  I add one of my pdf documents to my Google Drive account.  What are the steps you use to share the PDF (from Drive) with stakeholders so they can annotate?  Thanks,  Graham 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I share the folder, not the PDF file. The share will apply to all files
within. Just right click on the folder and add emails to the list and set a
password/permission levels if you want. I always set everyone to editor.

Hope that helps,
cheers
Tai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see - have you ever tried saving your pdfs to Acrobat (documentcloud.adobe) and sharing with multiple stakeholders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My standard feedback/ review workflow involves exporting a low-res PDF at each key proofing stage of the project from Indesign CC.

Then via Acrobat Pro I "Share a link to this file" - this link then gets distributed to key stakeholders appropriately via email.

-The drawback being each PDF I generate is just a snapshot in time, stakeholders don't have 1 link that updates. They have a new link supplied each time there is a new proof.

Until this new InDesign CC feature "Share for Review" has had most of it's bugs ironed out, I will continue to use my PDF proofing/ reviewing method. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have been testing this into our review pipeline, and even with today's updates, this feature still doesn't appear correctly on my end. 
Stakeholder weblinl view... 

SusanL_0-1615484708392.png

InDesign (my) View...

SusanL_1-1615484780063.png

As you can plainly see, the markings are STILL NOT appearing. And I do have View> Proof Colors selected, is there something more that needs to be turned on? 

Thank you,

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found another trick I haven't seen mentioned.

Yes, signing out of Creative cloud and signing back in does help, but it only helps some of the time for me and it's pain to go through that process ten or more times a day.

Try going to InDesign > File > Open, click the Options button in the bottom left before opening your file, and then select the option to OPEN ORIGINAL. This doesn't always work but it does work most of the time and will save you a lot of frustration. Even if InDesign crashes, I'll save the recovered document, close it out and then reopen it this way and it still works.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 2.40.56 PM.png

InDesign is so glitchy and frustrating—so is the Share for Review feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share for review seems like a great addition, and on the first test it worked spectacularly. 
At this time... using the Share button and selecting "Share for Review" gives a blank dialog box.

The "Share for Review" palette is blank. I can't seem to discover what has happened or how to bring it back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. I started up a new publication and set up a workflow for all participants. The new tool 'share for review' was perfect for that. The deadline is this week. This morning I found the comment boxes were blank. What can I do to fix this? Should I revert to sending pdf's? *help*

Schermafbeelding 2020-06-30 om 10.06.42.pngSchermafbeelding 2020-06-30 om 10.06.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

hm. I cannot tell what's going wrong.

One suggestion:

Sign out from the CC Desktop App.

Restart your machine.

Sign in again in the CC Desktop App.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, restarting the CC destop app didn't work. Neither did restarting. Signing out and -in worked. I hope it's solved by this. I have to say the latest version on indd is rather glitchy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, so this is the second time today I have to do this trick…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding a +1 to this, I've found the sign-out and in again for the CC app works to bring the review panel back to functional status, no need to reboot the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, what do you mean "a+1" ?? Same issue here, no reviews possible (worked one time, then it was gone ...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 just means they are also having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wmodist,

then I suspect that something could be wrong at Adobe's backend…

Sorry, I have no idea why it happens to you that often.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had the same problem. Log-out and log-in solved the problem, but I think also of a bug.

Have a nice day,

Sandro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, i'm having the same issue...as well as other indesign issues since the update. it's very buggy and crashes with severe problems. hopefully an update will fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try and load two indesign documents at once on a (32gig ram, upgraded video card, i7 processor machine, power is not a problem) the box opens up and it stalls out the load and crashes both documents.  Prior to the recent "updates" I could have multiple documents open at once with no issue.

This is all about the "updates" and they are bringing a formely great product down. Hopefully the next batch of updates wil allow us to turn all of the new stuff off so we can just do our jobs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution to this was to just bring all of my software back to pre-updates and turn off auto updating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gregory,

the next bug fix version of InDesign should be already out or would be available very soon.

Update 15.1.2. is delivered in phases worldwide. See what bugs are fixed with it:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html#InDesign2020version1512

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines