Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Share for Review blank window

New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the share for review tool used to work but now i only get the spinning circle when clicking update link. No progress at all.... new installation and logout from adobe didn't help.
(it's on a windows system)  

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update InDesign to v16.2.1 to get this fixed. Here's the link with more details:  https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180/suggestions/40698859

In case you are still facing this issue, please try the suggestions shared on this help article.

We hope that this information helps in improving your experience of using this feature but if you need further assistance, please post your query i

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 163 Replies 163
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete InDesign preferences with shortcuts

You can delete the replaceable InDesign SaveData and InDesign Defaults files by holding down the following keys while InDesign is launching:

• Windows: Shift+Ctrl+Alt
  • Mac OS: Shift+Control+Option+Command

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

Or

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same (annoying) problem from a Mac system. Can anyone suggest something that doesn't involve logging out of creative cloud or trashing preferences every time I want to update the link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's happening every time try the creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to create a link and share for review but I am not able to update the link. Everytime I update the link, I get an infinite spinner which doesn't end. If I close the document and open again, it says: "Unable to update artifact". But, it works if I create a new link. I can use it as a workaround but I can't send my client new links everytime. It is time consuming.

tsivadharshan_0-1617725852958.png

I've tried clearing caches, removing app prefs and logging out and logging in as well. Nothing works. Also, I am seeing a bunch of similar unanswered questions in the forum. It will be great if adobe can do something about this.

One of the main features that made me come into adobe ecosystem was share for review in InDesign. This is very frustrating.

Thanks in advance to anyone who is letting me know about the fix.

Have a good day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a weird behaviour in this.

If there is no comments received from the link I create and send to my clients, the "update link" button in share for review is not working. If I have a bunch of comments from the link, "update link" magically starts working.

Hope this helps in someway for any moderators/devs seeing this to spot the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am running the most current version of Indesign and when i go to the drop down menu for Share for Review, it is blank...no options to share, etc. I had already done a share and wanted to update my link, but there are no options to do ANYTHING, like I said....I have restarted my computer, and restarted the app many times. I am using a Macbook Pro using OS Big Sur.....it was working fine yesterday.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd request you to try the suggestions given on this UserVoice post(https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/40698859-share-for-revi...)& let us know if they help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to use "Share for Review" precisely once. If I click "Update Link" the window just spins forever. I wish it would just update the linked file automatically on save, rather than having to manually dig down to update it for the client myself.

I have quit Indesign and restarted.

I have signed in and out of Creative Cloud.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

 

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 4.42.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd request you to try the suggestions given on this UserVoice post(https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/40698859-share-for-revi...)& let us know if they help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tab opens up, but remains empty.

I just used it a couple minutes ago, did another change to the doc and then wanted to update the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mussie5E42,

did you save the document with the Save As command?

That would empty the Share For Review panel.

( And there is no way back. You have to start a new review process. )

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

No, I didn't save the doc as a save as.

I found someone wrote about singing out of creative cloud and then back in
to adobe in indesign and that fixed that issue.

But it's not a real fix... I just hope it doesn't happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My share for review is not working.

I keep having this problem, and until today I could fix it by logging out of my cloud app.

I click share for review the menu comes up and then when I click update link it goes into loop and never updates. I've tried just waiting for it to update but it never does. 

If I go back to the menu when I click share for review it shows the loop again. The only way to stop it is to log out of the cloud app. But that doesn't update the link, which means I'm stuck with an old version of my project. 

I wish it updated when you cliked share for review instead of only updating when you click update link. 

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Screenshot 2021-03-24 at 11.46.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a problem with this because I do not show sharing for review ...

Zrzut ekranu 2021-03-4 o 13.13.39.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like every time there is an update, regardless of significance/size I will have to log out and log back in before it will remember any share for review. A bit inconvenient. How about an update that resolves that issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about an update on your post?
What exactly is the problem you face? Thanks alot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I opened an InDesign catalog file which had never been set up to Share for Review and went to Share for review by clicking up in the menu bar but it was not an option, there was just a blank dialog box. I had to Log out of Adobe  and Log back in before Share for Review became an available. Worked after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About two weeks ago I shut off Auto update on my Adobe Cloud programs and I have not had the issue of my Share and Review "Disappearing" until I did a Log Out and Log back in.

HOWEVER now I have a newer issue: When I make corrections and go to UPDATE my Share for Review, I have been experiencing InDesign just quitting. I have to reopen. It did this twice in a row this morning. Fortunately it did save the changes, updated the Share for Review, but a bit anoying. *Always save document beofore updating the Share for Review.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm having an issue with the "share for review" feature on documents that have already been created stalling out. When I open a file and attempt to share, the processing wheel never stops rolling, and I can't click "update." Sometimes I notice it's because I've been booted from the VPN,  so I will re-connect, open the file, and now two versions of this file (same file) show up in the history upon re-boot of InDesign.

I think we need an easy way to clear our cache - but not clear our tool settings (IE I don't want to recreate every shortcut I've created). I ended up going to the web platform and deleting an old version, but that removes any chance of having past remarks show up.

Does anyone else have a workaround for this? Experience this? We love the share tool, but I'm now on the third version of one file because it keeps stalling and won't update for my content owners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening to other people too (including me). It's been reported to the InDesign User Voice.

Please vote for this issue and add your  own comments:

Share for Review files not updating     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines