Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Share for Review blank window

New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the share for review tool used to work but now i only get the spinning circle when clicking update link. No progress at all.... new installation and logout from adobe didn't help.
(it's on a windows system)  

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update InDesign to v16.2.1 to get this fixed. Here's the link with more details:  https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180/suggestions/40698859

In case you are still facing this issue, please try the suggestions shared on this help article.

We hope that this information helps in improving your experience of using this feature but if you need further assistance, please post your query i

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 163 Replies 163
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gregory,

what was the exact version of InDesign before you reverted back?

What exact version of InDesign are you using now?

To get the version hold the Ctrl key and go to About InDesign.

Or the Cmd key when on Mac OS X.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Indesign crash often when i share for review. Log-out and log-in solved the problem for one shared document.

So i need to restart indesign many times in a day.

Guénolé

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved this for me too.  Very annoying but it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I had the same problem, log in/log out seems to "fix" the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue! Was there, working one second, and gone the next! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to work for me now, logout Creative Cloud and login again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally got it working. Tried the above fix on Friday already, and didn't work. Tried now again and it's finally come back - for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump!

Same here and the rather idiotic 'sign-out/in again' solution worked. Having now tried-out the 'share for review' function I find the whole usability of it rather buggy and clunky. Shame as I was thinking this would be a great asset when liaising with clients on big projects. But no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will work for anyone else, but the issue for me appeared to be the fact that my file/linked files were stored in a cloud drive that was syncing to my computer. I downloaded all of the files locally, and the issue appears to have been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here - needed to sign out of Adobe Creative Cloud and bac in again.  Timewasting.

I hope Adobe will fix this soon and are not deterred because it says "solved" (a workaround is not a proper solution).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and signing out and back in also deactivated all my fonts.  That's another long delay while it reactivates them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found another trick I haven't seen mentioned.

Yes, signing out of Creative cloud and signing back in does help, but it only helps some of the time for me and it's pain to go through that process ten or more times a day.

Try going to InDesign > File > Open, click the Options button in the bottom left before opening your file, and then select the option to OPEN ORIGINAL. This doesn't always work but it does work most of the time and will save you a lot of frustration. Even if InDesign crashes, I'll save the recovered document, close it out and then reopen it this way and it still works.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 2.40.56 PM.png

InDesign is so glitchy and frustrating—so is the Share for Review feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be nice to know what the issue really is and how to solve. I was updating a share for review yesterday and I entered the spinning wheel after about 15 min of processing then it hit 98% which lasted for over another 10 minutes. Finally forced quit, then rebooted and made the Share for Review in 10 min. What is going on? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update InDesign to v16.2.1 to get this fixed. Here's the link with more details:  https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180/suggestions/40698859

In case you are still facing this issue, please try the suggestions shared on this help article.

We hope that this information helps in improving your experience of using this feature but if you need further assistance, please post your query in the community and we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines