• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign: Share for review - Different feedback tools for different users??

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is just me, or if I have accidentally turned off some feature? But yesterday I had the ability to strikethrough text, replace text, and the usual pin/draw when reviewing a documet (this was amazing for implementng changes/edits in inDesign.) Loved it!

Tools available to me yesterday:
Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 16.46.40.png

Tools available to me today... (why did it get worse?!)

Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 16.46.59.png

Why did it seem to go back, or have I done something incredibly supid and turned them off? I got a whole team to leave feedback using the strike through comments and record all the text edits in this manner but now the functionality isn't there? Awkwardly enough, a colleague of mine still has this functionality but they don't translate to my view in inDesign anymore? S all her work has to be redone in a regular PDF viewer.

What features do you have available to you? Maybe it's being A/B tested to differnt users? Was this an unintentional preview of whats "there" but is currently hidden until some bugs are ironed out?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Kevin,

Which browser are you using?

Can you try to reset the browser setting once, clearing cookies, caches, etc.?

--

If you had created Share for Review using InDesign 2020 (v 15.1/v15.1.1/v15.1.2), then you will see only 2 Tools in the browser - Pin and Draw.

The new Text Tools in Share for Review - Highlight, Strikethrough, and Replace are available only if :
1) You initiate Share for Review from InDesign 2021.
2) You open a document that was created in an earlier version and initiate Share for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try: Windows > Control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

Thanks you for replying. Hmmm I don't think toggeling the control bar affects the Share for Review feature, or at least I'm not sure what to look out for? For me that just collapses and expands the top tool bar. Will that 'reset' soemthing?

Kev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

amazing. And you still use InDesign 2021 version 16.0.0.77 ?

And not the version before?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

Yes, I can confirm I'm using inDesign 2021(Mac), "About inDesign" says it's v16.0 and the Creative Cloud app states that it is 'up to date'. I had never used the share for review feature in ID'20, but with the additional features in ID'21 it was a no brainer! Really did improve my workflow, hence the surprise when (from my perspective) it went back a step.

Hope that helps with figuring out what the issue is.

All the best!
Kev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Which browser are you using?

Can you try to reset the browser setting once, clearing cookies, caches, etc.?

--

If you had created Share for Review using InDesign 2020 (v 15.1/v15.1.1/v15.1.2), then you will see only 2 Tools in the browser - Pin and Draw.

The new Text Tools in Share for Review - Highlight, Strikethrough, and Replace are available only if :
1) You initiate Share for Review from InDesign 2021.
2) You open a document that was created in an earlier version and initiate Share for Review from InDesign 2021.
3) For Share for Review created from InDesign 2020 (v 15.1/v15.1.1/v15.1.2), you click on the Update Link button in the Share for Review panel in InDesign 2021. (You may have to hit the Refresh button in the browser if the Review was already open there).

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for sharing tips on resolving the matter. Oddly enough I had never used the feature before ID'21 and I had used those tools for a day or two withough any issue and one day to the next the disappeared..

That said.. wiping all the browser data has in fact fixed the issue! So all is good again:) One side note though, when it wasn't working, it wasn't working within inDesign. My colleague would replace text and the comment/task would appear in the inDesign app BUT the location would be hidden. The pin tool would work and I could see drawings and pins on the document. But the replace text feature was missing from within the app as well as from the browser. That was why I assumed it wasn't a local browser issue.

But as I said, that isn't the case anymore and it's working fine:)

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines