• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Share for Review - FAQ

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Share for Review in InDesign’s June 2020 release, you can share your designs for online review, and manage feedback right within the app. Stakeholders can open the shared document in a browser to provide feedback. Share for Review streamlines and simplifies the review process for both designers and their stakeholders 

workflow.png

The following FAQs provide clarity on common questions around Share for Review 

Share the document for review - FAQ

View reviewer comments - FAQ 

Review the document - FAQ

Best practices

How is Share for Review different from the ‘Integrated comment and review’ feature in InDesign CS5? How does it compare to the Import PDF Comments (IPC) feature?  

Adobe is investing in features and services that make creative collaboration easier and more enjoyable.  

With Share for Review, our aspiration is to make reviewing and editing InDesign creative more seamless, and address the following limitations in CS Review: 

• Requirement for a flash plugin to use this feature 
  • Lack of support for key features such as email notifications 
  • User challenges with feature discoverability 

Compared to Import PDF Comments (IPC), Share for Review reduces time by eliminating the need to create and share PDFs and collate the resulting feedback. We will be working to enhance the reviewing features and capabilities in Share for Review, which will soon help this tool surpass the experience of IPC, from end to end.   

Does Share for Review include text commenting capabilities? 

This first version of the feature allows you to provide feedback through the sticky note and pencil tools. We will continue to improve the experience, and we will soon incorporate more text commenting capabilities, including text highlight, text strikethrough, and the ability to accept text comments in a single click. 

Is this feature being introduced into InCopy?  

It is not. Instead, we’ll be making significant updates to InCopy by taking it to the Web to provide better collaboration capabilities. Stay tuned!    

What text capabilities do I have as a reviewer?  

As a reviewer, you will be able to highlight text, strikethrough text, and replace text corresponding to your comment. 

share-for-review-text-edit-tools-NFS.png

Let us know of any challenges, or questions you have for us around Share for Review and we’ll be happy to assist you. 

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export , Performance , Publish online , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

This has worked for others:

1. Save any work and close all open
  2. Sign out of InDesign (Help > Sign out). This will cause indesign to quit.
  3. Launch InDesign again, at which point you should be prompted to sign in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 412 Replies 412
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena, our team is using 15.1.1 on Mac (Latest OS) and the issue (blank panels) is still effecting the entire team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also been getting this issue with blank boxes. Share for review worked once when I first did the update but has displayed like this every time since. Tried clearing cache & preferences, updating InDesign, updating mac OS, reinstalling InDesign, restarting mac. Any ideas to resolve this please?

InDesign version 15.1.1, mac OS Catalina 10.15.5.

Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 23.59.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue with the Share for Review dialog box on and off since it started, it's giving me a black box. Is there a way for me to fix this?Screenshot 2020-06-30 13.40.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena, 
With InDesign version 15.1.1 (PC, Windows 10) I still get the same error for the share and review dialog (white box). How can I clear the InDesign cache or can I do something else to make it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that logging out of Creative Cloud and then logging back in resolves that issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Generally, signing out of the app and signing back in resolves this issue but in case if the issue still persists, please reset the preferences of the InDesign app as mentioned in the help document here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena, 

I tried the instructrions in the link.

"(Windows) Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files"

I tried this a nothing happened???

I then assumed it was a typo in your instructions and that you should hold these keys down WHILE starting InDesign at the same time.

I then received the generic windows a message "allow this app to make changes to this computer" which I assumed was the preferences being reset (but there is no way to verify?)

I tried the Review panel again but the Annotations are still not appearing in the Indesign Window on the the web??

Thanks

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like we'll need to do some troubleshooting to fix this issue. 

Please contact customer care so that we can help you directly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I spent 2 hours live chatting with Adobe yesterday while they uninstalled, reinstalled etc...I still get the black box on my review feature. Their solution was to use a new user account on my computer, while InDesign Review works fine on a new account I can't transfer 100's of files everytime the program fails. I need a solution ASAP please!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the exact same issue with the blank box and also spent HOURS with support while they went through the process you are describing. They also suggested I migrate to a new user account and suggested the error was on Apple.  What ultimately resolved the issue for me was simply logging out of the creative cloud app. rebooting my computer and then logging back into creative cloud. I know it seems like the most basic of troubleshooting but it worked. I was pulling my hair out after hours with tech support and deleting system cache files and re-installing and updating and on and on.  Just log out of CC and log back in. It worked for me and I hope it works for you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Does this issue happen while working on all files? 

Have you tried to reset the preferences for InDesign as mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html to see if that helps?

Regards,

Sheena 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love this feature.... when it works. Hopefully InDesign can find a better fix for it in the future. I'm pretty tired of having to jump through hoops to make this thing work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you add the ability to change the size of the pencil tool? It is too large for regular editing markups. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We totally understand that request and it'd be great if you can upvote for it on the UserVoice here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love where this is going - tried testing this out on a multipage document, but only the first page is viewable.. I'm assuming this is a bug since I see page navigation on the review web page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue-- can you review multi-page documents? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem with one document, it shares only one spread from somewhere in teh middle, but always the same. I tried to export document to .idml with no success.

I also tried with some other documents and it works fine there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it - share for review uses latest export to PDF settings (maybe other too, but not to idml) to decide which pages to include.

So first I created full document PDF and then new review with all pages. Perhaps in future updates we could get a window where we could select pages to share? An option to share only pages (not spreads) would be good, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great tip, thanks, but very confusing that we have to rely on the most recent pdf output to define a Share for Review output. Crucial that the ability to define a page range is included in the panel. If I have to create a pdf first to define the page range I might as well send the pdf - which has superior mark up - and then just import client comments into InDesign. When designing magazines etc I need to be able to send individual articles/chapters not the whole publication which may have un- or partially designed sections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

As mentioned above also, the workaround for this particular behaviour would be the check the setting for the Export to PDF and make sure they're set to full-page before sharing the document for review.

Let me know if you still have troubles.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature should really have its own export settings, yes? The whole idea seems to be to make the process easy, but having to remember and/or check what settings I used on a prior PDF export is not helpful.

I see myself 90% sharing only select pages for review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I agree on that point.

Thanks for adding it to the UserVoice and I suggest others should upvote for this feature there. 

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has potential! 

You guys are probably working on in, but to be sure, I miss the following two features:

1. Add Note to Replace Text. This feature is super powerfull in IPCS, you can replace entire paragraphs with the click of a button.
  2. Strikethrough. Another powerfull feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We absolutely loved your suggestions and it'd be great if you can upvote for them on the UserVoice here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines