InDesign Share for Review - FAQ

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Share for Review in InDesign’s June 2020 release, you can share your designs for online review, and manage feedback right within the app. Stakeholders can open the shared document in a browser to provide feedback. Share for Review streamlines and simplifies the review process for both designers and their stakeholders 

workflow.png

The following FAQs provide clarity on common questions around Share for Review 

Share the document for review - FAQ

View reviewer comments - FAQ 

Review the document - FAQ

Best practices

How is Share for Review different from the ‘Integrated comment and review’ feature in InDesign CS5? How does it compare to the Import PDF Comments (IPC) feature?  

Adobe is investing in features and services that make creative collaboration easier and more enjoyable.  

With Share for Review, our aspiration is to make reviewing and editing InDesign creative more seamless, and address the following limitations in CS Review: 

• Requirement for a flash plugin to use this feature 
  • Lack of support for key features such as email notifications 
  • User challenges with feature discoverability 

Compared to Import PDF Comments (IPC), Share for Review reduces time by eliminating the need to create and share PDFs and collate the resulting feedback. We will be working to enhance the reviewing features and capabilities in Share for Review, which will soon help this tool surpass the experience of IPC, from end to end.   

Does Share for Review include text commenting capabilities? 

This first version of the feature allows you to provide feedback through the sticky note and pencil tools. We will continue to improve the experience, and we will soon incorporate more text commenting capabilities, including text highlight, text strikethrough, and the ability to accept text comments in a single click. 

Is this feature being introduced into InCopy?  

It is not. Instead, we’ll be making significant updates to InCopy by taking it to the Web to provide better collaboration capabilities. Stay tuned!    

What text capabilities do I have as a reviewer?  

As a reviewer, you will be able to highlight text, strikethrough text, and replace text corresponding to your comment. 

share-for-review-text-edit-tools-NFS.png

Let us know of any challenges, or questions you have for us around Share for Review and we’ll be happy to assist you. 

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Import and export, Performance, Publish online, Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 15, 2020 6
294 Replies 294
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jbully0,

that's no feature. You cannot set a range of pages. It always is the full document.

Support this feature request, sign in and and vote:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/40700314-pa...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 06, 2020 2
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting an error when I try to access the reviews my team has made. It's saying "You're offline, so no files are available," and yet my internet is functioning perfectly. I'm not sure why I can't access my assets. Any ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Are you getting this error on the web interface?

Can you try opening the link on a different browser?

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is an amazing feature. I'm excited to know how it will evolves.

Is there plans to introduce some of these features on the web interface?

- text editing

- update layout preview after text editing

- show text fitting alerts

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're definitely evolving this feature and would love to get all the suggestions on our UserVoice as that's where the product team is looking right now.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am unable to share my document for review. Every time I try to create the link, InDesign produces an error message stating "There was an error creating the artifact." My file is quite large (±1GB) - could this be the reason why I am unsuccessful?

Many thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angel,

"quite large" should be no problem, I think.

Once did an experiment with a 600 pages document with a lot of of tables and images, around 250 MB in document file size. Share For Review worked. However, it took about 15 minutes for the whole process to a add a review.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0