• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Share for Review - FAQ

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Share for Review in InDesign’s June 2020 release, you can share your designs for online review, and manage feedback right within the app. Stakeholders can open the shared document in a browser to provide feedback. Share for Review streamlines and simplifies the review process for both designers and their stakeholders 

workflow.png

The following FAQs provide clarity on common questions around Share for Review 

Share the document for review - FAQ

View reviewer comments - FAQ 

Review the document - FAQ

Best practices

How is Share for Review different from the ‘Integrated comment and review’ feature in InDesign CS5? How does it compare to the Import PDF Comments (IPC) feature?  

Adobe is investing in features and services that make creative collaboration easier and more enjoyable.  

With Share for Review, our aspiration is to make reviewing and editing InDesign creative more seamless, and address the following limitations in CS Review: 

• Requirement for a flash plugin to use this feature 
  • Lack of support for key features such as email notifications 
  • User challenges with feature discoverability 

Compared to Import PDF Comments (IPC), Share for Review reduces time by eliminating the need to create and share PDFs and collate the resulting feedback. We will be working to enhance the reviewing features and capabilities in Share for Review, which will soon help this tool surpass the experience of IPC, from end to end.   

Does Share for Review include text commenting capabilities? 

This first version of the feature allows you to provide feedback through the sticky note and pencil tools. We will continue to improve the experience, and we will soon incorporate more text commenting capabilities, including text highlight, text strikethrough, and the ability to accept text comments in a single click. 

Is this feature being introduced into InCopy?  

It is not. Instead, we’ll be making significant updates to InCopy by taking it to the Web to provide better collaboration capabilities. Stay tuned!    

What text capabilities do I have as a reviewer?  

As a reviewer, you will be able to highlight text, strikethrough text, and replace text corresponding to your comment. 

share-for-review-text-edit-tools-NFS.png

Let us know of any challenges, or questions you have for us around Share for Review and we’ll be happy to assist you. 

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export , Performance , Publish online , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

This has worked for others:

1. Save any work and close all open
  2. Sign out of InDesign (Help > Sign out). This will cause indesign to quit.
  3. Launch InDesign again, at which point you should be prompted to sign in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 412 Replies 412
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error with a file less than 11MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angel,

"quite large" should be no problem, I think.

Once did an experiment with a 600 pages document with a lot of of tables and images, around 250 MB in document file size. Share For Review worked. However, it took about 15 minutes for the whole process to a add a review.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the Share and Review app with colleagues and it's been pretty successful so far but there appears to be one major glitch that causes a real continuity error, and amazingly no one; from what I can tell, seems to have mentioned to this point.

When one of my colleagues has used the website to place a pin or drawn a shape onto a specific page, this shows up fine within InDesign (here's a demo example on the website, which appears identical within InDesign):

Adobe review 001.jpg

However, if a new page is added within InDesign before the page where the current pins/drawings are located, the content looks fine within InDesign, but when the page is updated and refreshed on the review website, everything is suddenly offset by a page and in effect, becomes unsuable:

Adobe review 002.jpg

I've tried re-updating the link within the review tool, using CTRL + F5 on the website and shutting down both applications (InDesign and the web browser) but the offset drawings and pins are always incorrect on the website.

The review tool is a real bonus but when we often have large edits taking place which include new charts, graphs and the adding or removing of large paragraphs of text, which at times changes the placement of content or may require a new page for continuity, I can't really ask colleagues to hold on with any new comments until I resolve layout issues.

If there's something I'm doing wrong or I've missed, I'd really appreciate some advice. I'm currently creating a video tutorial for new staff on how to use this tool and at the moment, I have to describe this as an anomaly which will hopefully be fixed in a future update, which is a bit dubious on my part.

Many thanks,

Barry 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barry,

I apologize for the trouble and understand the issue here. 

I suspect this I happening because the new page that you've added in Indesign is conflicting with the already reviewed version of the file but I'd definitely want to check this with the product team for more details.

Please check the private message that I've sent you. 

Regards,

Sheena 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to see who owns a document? I am trying to create a review on a project and its telling me I can't because I don't own it. And is there a way to change owners?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, the one who sends you the document for review is the owner and unfortunately, there isn't any way to change the owner yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! i just update the new version on indesign 2021 (Indesign 16.0) and try Share for review option, it work and i see something new, the replace text option, in the review pdf web platform, BUT when i see it in indesign, there is no way to apply the change in indesign (like it work when i use the import comments from PDF) i think is a little bug in the new indesign 2021 version. Please let me know when it´s fix and can apply the text in indesign

Thankyou!

WEB VIEW:

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 3.59.46 PM.png

INDESIGN VIEW:

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 4.02.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This is the expected behavior because as of now we've just enabled the text comments to flow back into the InDesign app. The accept functionality is still not available in the current version. 

Unfortunately, you'll have to manually make the changes required but I've passed on the feedback to the product team for improvements. 

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou Sheena for your replay! we love the replace text button, the problem is that dosen´t work, we have to manually copy the text an put in the correct position, there is not automatly replacemente, i think adobe have to make it work. Please let me know when they fix this issuu.

Best,

Ana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally understand that!

I'd suggest you post about it on the UserVoice here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the New Share for Review today since the additional text annotationtools were added. The improved annotations capability is great, but it's still not working properly for me. After I made annotations in my web browser (Safari on mac), those annotations imported in to InDesign. I experimented with workng with them in InDesign and when I clicked "Resolve," they disappeared! In the previous version, Resolve was like a checkmark in Acrobat. 

So I thought I'd go back into the web browser and add more comments and try again. When I launched the review again in Safari, some of the tools were missing. I could make comments, but only with the pin and the pencil.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 12.36.03 PM.png

So I tried in Chrome, and all the tools were there.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 12.37.13 PM.png

So I made some comments in Safari and then some in Chrome, and then back back to InDesign to try and interact with them. But the panel now says there are no comments.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 12.42.44 PM.png

I really need to be able to save an archive copy of my documetns with the PDF comments intact. I work with engineers on technical documetns, and it's important to have a record of the comments they make so that we can refer to them later. Is it possible to do the folowing?

1. NOT delete the comments when I mark them as resolved
  2. Download a copy of the commented PDF for offline storage

I tried a second document and it behaved the same way: missing tools in Safari and no comments imported back into InDesign. 

It's totally unusable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marking a comment resolved moves it from the active comments panel but you can filter it using the filter option at the bottom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to check that, but my comments are not loading at all now. See above screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening with a specific file or with all files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I think it could be a network issue. I would suggest trying a different network connection just to see if that works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share for Review: if the reviewer uses the strikethrough text or highlight option, I don't see these in my indesign doc. I can see the strikethrough text on the browser version, but the highlight disppears completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the pins but no the strikethrough text or highlight option.

I can see the comments in the panel, but not in the pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unistall indesign, log out and log back in.

Thanks for help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no eye in the bottom near filter. Its spinning circle.

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 22.33.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you please confirm the version of the InDesign app on your machine?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange. 

Would it be possible for you to send us the file so that we can test it at our end? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give me your mail where can i send you to via Wetransfer?

I check file on my laptop also and its the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines