• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign shortcuts not working – in particular type tool (T)

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign shortcuts not working – in particular type tool (T)

Working in Indesign version 2020 on iMac (27 Inch late 2009) High Sierra v10.13.6

To select the type tool, I type in 'T'. The type tool is selected for a brief second then flicks back to the arrow. Essentially the shortcut for the type tool isn't working. I have to manually click the type tool in the tool box to use it. Very tedious and slow way to work.

All other shortcuts are working fine.

Any soultions out there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work in InDesign CC2019? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. I also am using InDesign 2020 on an iMac. When I press "t" it temporarily switches to the type tool but then soon jumps back to the selection arrow. I don't remember having this issue with InDesign 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awitmer, are you working on an old iMac?

I work on an 2009 iMac at work and have this issue with the 't' shortcut. The problem is worse if I work off the server and less if I work on my desktop. At home I work on a 2018 iMac running Indesign 2020 and there's no problem with the 't' shortcut. For me, this issue is only happening on the older machine at work.

This 't' shortcut problem seems like a bug to me in the older machines. Maybe it is a problem with loading fonts? I'm not sure. Hopefully Adobe will release a patch that will fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is an 2015 iMac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines