Highlighted

InDesign slow and using almost all my processors

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the operating system is macOS Catalina 10.15.3

The machine is mid 2017 iMAc 4.2GHz quad core i7 with 64GB memory and 8G VRAM 

Working on an annual report and when scrolling pages it will stop for 5-10 secs with the pinwheel spinning, selecting text can take up to 5 secs.

Nothing has changed, working from local files, with a gigabyte internet

in activity monitor the CPU % for indesign has been as high as 94% with me only having a file open, it also seems to fall to the teens and then jumps back up to 70% or more.

Only using 2.5 GB of memory 

My machine specs are : Intel Core i7 - 9700F CPU @ 3.00 GHZ 8 core 64 GB of ram 64 bit operating system NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 164 MB memory Monitor is BenQ PD3200U 4K UHD - hooked up via HDMI

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign slow and using almost all my processors

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the operating system is macOS Catalina 10.15.3

The machine is mid 2017 iMAc 4.2GHz quad core i7 with 64GB memory and 8G VRAM 

Working on an annual report and when scrolling pages it will stop for 5-10 secs with the pinwheel spinning, selecting text can take up to 5 secs.

Nothing has changed, working from local files, with a gigabyte internet

in activity monitor the CPU % for indesign has been as high as 94% with me only having a file open, it also seems to fall to the teens and then jumps back up to 70% or more.

Only using 2.5 GB of memory 

My machine specs are : Intel Core i7 - 9700F CPU @ 3.00 GHZ 8 core 64 GB of ram 64 bit operating system NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 164 MB memory Monitor is BenQ PD3200U 4K UHD - hooked up via HDMI

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version? 2020 is buggy and lags, 2019 is fine. So it is important for us to know which version you are using...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry - 2020 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines