Highlighted

InDesign slow performance on macOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

The latest update my indesign doesn't work properly. I see a wheel turning and I always need to wait... for what? I can't type or just a lettre or 2... wait... zooom...wait... clicking... wait....

Indesigning... waiting.... very enoying.

I have enough RAM to work so I don't know wher this is comming from.

I'm working on MAc.

Thanks for any help.

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi Astrid,

So sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. Performance issues with macOS Catalina has been reported by a few other users as well and our team is investigating that. 

It was found that changing color settings from system preferences helps resolving the issue. Please change your Mac display’s colour profile to Apple RGB (https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mchlf3ddc60d/mac) and let us know how it goes. 

If that doesn't help, please share the following details:

• Exact version of InDesign and operating system.
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud and share the download link.
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there.

Looking forward to your response!

Regards,

Srishti

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign slow performance on macOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

The latest update my indesign doesn't work properly. I see a wheel turning and I always need to wait... for what? I can't type or just a lettre or 2... wait... zooom...wait... clicking... wait....

Indesigning... waiting.... very enoying.

I have enough RAM to work so I don't know wher this is comming from.

I'm working on MAc.

Thanks for any help.

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi Astrid,

So sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. Performance issues with macOS Catalina has been reported by a few other users as well and our team is investigating that. 

It was found that changing color settings from system preferences helps resolving the issue. Please change your Mac display’s colour profile to Apple RGB (https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mchlf3ddc60d/mac) and let us know how it goes. 

• Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud and share the download link.
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there.

Regards,

Srishti

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Astrid,

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

I'm trying this and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Kind Regards, Astrid

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version is your OS?
Have you tried resetting your inDesign preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

Catelina 10,15,4

Yes, resetted, re-installed. But I'm trying the sugestion of Shristi now.

Thanks.

Kind Regards, Astrid

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Astrid,

Just wanted to confirm if the issue is resolved by following the steps I shared above? 

Regards!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srihti,

At the moment it works fine.

I 'm still following up.

thanks for the help.

Kinds regards,

Astrid

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0