• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign sluggish when typing

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly there is a lag when I am typing in my Indesign document.   I'm not sure if I inadvertantly clicked something, but there is a 3-4 second lag from when I select and type to when it shows up on the screen.  It's infuriating and impossible to work within my document.  This started all the sudden and has never happened to me before.   I've updated the app, restarted my computer, youtubed all the possible solutions.   I am dumbfounded.   I am on a new Macbook Pro and yesterday it worked just fine.   Tonight, something has gone haywire.   Any ideas??   They would be much appreciated. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. The first Beta release of InDesign for Apple silicon M1 is now available to download. Please try installing by following the instructions on this page and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do remember such bug in some v2013 or v2015. What version do you use now? 

Please connect to the Adobe Support Chat and talk with them about problem.

Tell us more about your bugged publication, what in it, how many pages. Are you have this problem only with this document or with all?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you write through story editor (CTRL+Y) is the problem stay the same?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're on a new MacBook Pro - is it the one with the M1 Chip?

As the M1 chip uses it's own architecture (not the x86 architecture) and Apple uses Rosetta 2 to emulate the x86 architecture.

That being said - the M1 chip is doesn't work the same way as Intel or AMD chips - and Adobe are working on updating the software to work natively with the M1 Chip - however, it's a work in progress. 

Apple saw fit to release their product when software outside of what most software is written to use, the x86 architecture. 

Besides this - try reset your prefereneces.

https://creativepro.com/rebuilding-indesign-preferences/

Failing that a Hard Reinstall

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. The first Beta release of InDesign for Apple silicon M1 is now available to download. Please try installing by following the instructions on this page and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines