• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign snips in cc libraries

Engaged ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help me here, I believed obviously wrongly that I can drag stuff into cc librari for later use.

However what has always been consistent is that stuff dragged in from indesign, eventually goes missing, either very quickly or over a period of time. Dragging the snippet back into a document just gives me a grey square with a question mark.

Where am I going wrong here? Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should the asset with that question mark contain?
A linked graphic or an image? If so, the original position of the file in your file system became unavailable. The file was moved or removed at all. Or it is positioned on a medium that currently is not mounted to your system.

Please show a screenshot with the frame selected and the Links panel open.

Maybe there is a hint under the link's info.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is obviously where I have got confused. The behaviour in illustrator and photoshop is different, i.e. the item is there forever in the cc library, but if I put stuff in from indeisgn then its actually a link to a file. Which is a shame.

But thanks for confirming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The difference with Illustrator is that if Illustrator contains images, they're usually embedded (although that behavior can be changed). InDesign defaults to linked images (although as Uwe pointed out if you embed images from the Links panel, they would be stored in the file in the CC Library). You just need to pay attention to how the original image was handled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. You could have embedded the graphic or image in the InDesign document using the Links panel before storing the frame to CC Libraries. Though, I'm inclined to advice against that kind of workflow in general.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines