• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Speed and Functionality

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. My team is struggling with InDesign being really slow to drag and drop photos, export pdfs, and save files. Is there a glitch going on or has there been any other issue detected lately? I'm wondering if this is affecting other people or if we need to look into the internet connection or something else as an issue.
Thank you!

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You/re going to need to provide a lot more information about your setup for people to provide useful help. While people occasionally ask this question, in general, there is no special glitch going on or we'd be flooded with compaints in the forum.

Start with: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using. Tell us about the specifications of the computers with as much detail as possible. Are you experiencing this when working with files on a server, or locally? If a server, what kind of server and how is it connected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for not knowing what information is necessary to help explain the issue. We are not experiencing poor functionality with any other CC programs. I'm on a Dell Core i7 Latitude 5400 - 32 GB RAM, 64-bit operating system. Windows 10 Pro. InDesign version 16.2.1. We are experiencing the issue both on our company server and when we try to move our files locally and avoid using the network drive. No idea what kind of server it is I just know it is not located in our office locally. We typically have a poor connection but nothing like it has been the last few weeks. I guess if nobody else is complaining it is pretty clear to me that it is a different issue. Probably a server or internet connection issue. Figured I should ask anyway. Thanks for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Mac user without an network. Now that we know your configuration, perhaps some Windows users could make suggestions for troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve: What's your view about dragging and dropping images into InDesign documents as the OP does?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Derek,

Good question. I almost never drag and drop images on my Mac. To retain their resolution, they would  have to be dropped from Windows Explorer or from Adobe Bridge into InDesign which I've never done so I can't really speak to whether it would make a difference from File > Place.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines