Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign: Stacking/Layering Order for Three-Layer Document

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon All,

I have a 3-layer InDesign document: Top = text, 2nd = photos, 3rd = background transparency images @ 10 percent.

PROBLEM: I just used "Ignore Text Wrap" to successfully place text in front of background images. When I add a photo to the layout I can't get the text to wrap around it - it's either right up against the image or totally in back or in front of the image.

What am I missing here?? What's the fix??

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

James D'Ambrosio

TOPICS
How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

The background image does not receive any text wrap. It should be off for the background image. It does not need Ignore text wrap.

The text in the textframe does not receive any text wrap, nor does it need any Ignore text wrap.

Only the placed pictures on the photo layer might or might not want text wrap.

Ignore Text Wrap is a way to get, for example, a caption to snug close to a picture that has textwrap applied to it. 

Is it possible that you have text wrap turned on at default and so it is ap

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The background image does not receive any text wrap. It should be off for the background image. It does not need Ignore text wrap.

The text in the textframe does not receive any text wrap, nor does it need any Ignore text wrap.

Only the placed pictures on the photo layer might or might not want text wrap.

Ignore Text Wrap is a way to get, for example, a caption to snug close to a picture that has textwrap applied to it. 

Is it possible that you have text wrap turned on at default and so it is applied to every new frame you make? If that is the problem, then deselect all objects, and set the Text Wrap panel to none (the first button).

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Mike! Much appreciated. I'm new to the Layering/Stacking Order process and this is a big help.

Best Regards,

James D'Ambrosio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines