• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign starting problems

Enthusiast ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Indesgin 2021 on a MAC Desktop with the Mojave system. (Since I don't use apps, I prefer not to use Catalina). When Indesign is started it consistently stops loading. If I go to "Force Quit" it is not responding; if I force quit any document I was trying to open finally starts to open but the program quits. Or the program "loads" but does not appear on the screen. In this case Force Quit doesn't work and I have to turn off the power to the computer to "close" Indesign. I have replaced preferences, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire program. It still happens. I have various virus protections in place so I doubt that is the problem.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have replaced preferences

Have you deleted (or renamed) preferences files (InDesign SavedData and InDesign Defaults) and deleted (or renamed) the cache folder, or did you just use the keyboard technique? 

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried holding down the keys; that didn't work. I searched unsuccessfully for the preferences file, even after pasting the exact name supplied into the "find" bar. Also unsucessful in searching for InDesign Saved Data and InDesign Defaults as such. A lot of files show up, but I don't know what they are. Many are marked .xml.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines