INDESIGN STILL NOT WORKING.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new imac.

I am runing Catalina 10.15.6. 3.6Ghz 8-Core Intel Core i9

32GB.

Indesign does not like it at all. I cannot work on it for anything longer than a minute before it stalls and gives me the beachball.

Please ADOBE - help here? IT works perfectly on my old imac 2015, but NOT THIS ONE. If this continues - I want my money back.

Any advice???

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

Try resetting your InDesign preferences:

1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialog appears, ask you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

(If you don't see the question do it again.)

If that doesn't work, uninstall InDesign, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app and run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling InDesign.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

INDESIGN STILL NOT WORKING.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new imac.

I am runing Catalina 10.15.6. 3.6Ghz 8-Core Intel Core i9

32GB.

Indesign does not like it at all. I cannot work on it for anything longer than a minute before it stalls and gives me the beachball.

Please ADOBE - help here? IT works perfectly on my old imac 2015, but NOT THIS ONE. If this continues - I want my money back.

Any advice???

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

1) Close InDesign
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialog appears, ask you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

If that doesn't work, uninstall InDesign, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app and run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling InDesign.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Close InDesign

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I ended up having to wipe the entire system again and then NOT migrate the work from old imac onto the new imac. Which is painful as I have jobs that are half finished and I have to open up all the fonts, etc as I go. So,
something in Indesign does not like something on my other imac. 

It's not ideal and I had to call Apple Support and another tech guy to work out the problem. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it can be an issue (or as you put it, painful) upgrading an application or an OS or a new Mac. Best not to do so halfway through a project (if there's an option!).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I had bought the new imac for my work and didn't expect this problem as I've never had it before. So I had to make the decision to just work on it and continue jobs on there. I've got quite a few clients with ongoing work so there was no other choice other than giving it to my son but that really defeated the whole purpose of buying a new one. And when I checked to see if I could get my money back it was a pretty firm no. 😧

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0