Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Stops Responding

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Recently my Indesign stopped responding. Deleting preferences doesn't help.  I've tried to reinstall the app, update and go back to other versions but nothing helps, same results for versions 15.1.3, 16.0, 16.01. Reinstalling the Creative cloud and Reinstalling the operating system (OS Catalina, 10.15.7) doesn't help either. Other Adobe apps like Illustrator and Photoshop are working fine. Please help.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you try this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Deleting preferences doesn't help

How did you delete them? Did you try to restart InDesign while holding down Shift, Ctrl, Alt and Cmd simultaneously until you get a warning message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did exactly what you've described. I guess the solution form the link might be the proper way of doing it.

Surprisingly the older version od Indesign (15.1.3) started working again after few hours of spinning. 

Thank you for the quick response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a third-party plugin installed - maybe a font manager - these can sometimes cause problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using font manage, however, I test fonts quite a lot with Fonts folder in: Aplication Support/Adobe. Potentially it might be a hint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to suggestions given earlier, please try steps suggested on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...).

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, the issue is happening again. I decided to use adobe cleaner to get rid of all inDesign related files... I installed InDesign again and it didn't help then I cleaned all adobe related apps and now I'm not even able to install Creative Cloud desktop app, which is saying" "We couldn't find an account with that email address." same account I'm using to post this message!

Please give me a working solution and please Adobe provide reliable products you used to make before the introduction of CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines