InDesign stuck in "Touch" workspace on first open

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Brand new laptop (HP Zbook with touchscreen, Windows 10), just installed InDesign and open for the first time, I get this unfriendly "touch" screen (see screenshot) but cannot click (or touch) anything, or press any keyboard shortcut. I also tried what's described here without success (this is the first time I open InDesign on this computer). I'm running out of ideas, please help, thanks!

{6FC4C323-249D-438E-993C-512A36B77B4B}.png.jpg

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Community Beginner , Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021
Ah, I think I just solved it for myself. Closing InDesign and opening an existing .indd, THEN disabling the Touch workspace worked for me. I'd still like Adobe to be aware of this and look into it. 

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I think I just solved it for myself. Closing InDesign and opening an existing .indd, THEN disabling the Touch workspace worked for me. I'd still like Adobe to be aware of this and look into it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to fix. This is normal behavior on touch devices to make you aware of its existence. Choose another workspace and you shouldn't see it again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it cannot be normal behavior: Like I said, the interface is fully unresponsive in that initial view, I am therefore unable to exit Touch workspace.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the laptop touch enabled?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the touchscreen on the laptop works. I tried to bring the window over to the laptop screen to try to interact with the interface but again none of the buttons respond.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines