• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign - submit form publish online

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me at all.

I'm working on some indesign documents to publish online - I seem to be able to get the basics right, but I need users to be able to complete and submit a form.

I've added a submit form button but it won;t work when published online - the hover and click appearances change, but it doesn't do anything else.

If anyone has any tips or suggestion, I'd be grateful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Put the form on the website and then link to it from he Publish Online document.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That facility is not possible with Publish Online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply - that's a shame. 

I had hosted an interactive pdf on the site, but the the submit form wouldn't work in web browser, only when downloaded. 

I though using publish online to embed it in the webpage might work, but I guess not!

Back to the drawing board!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do it right! While PDF forms are still a very valid interactive PDF, they're only reliable on Acrobat or Reader on a desktop. Since this is going to be filled out on the web, create an HTML form and be done with it.

There are numerous form creation plugins for WordPress and other web authoring tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the comments - it's a bit of a specific task as the form combines two pdfs, one of which is a legal/medical document that needs to be stored in a certain format. I've looked at various website plugins to allow html forms to populate pdf templates which seem to do the job but would require paying for, so I was just trying to see if a suitable solution exist to save my client a bit of money. 

thanks for the quick responses - reallly good to know there's a knowledge and responsive community here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For something like this, you're going to get what you pay for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the form on the website and then link to it from he Publish Online document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you could try this solution from adobe : 

https://www.adobe.io/apis/documentcloud/dcsdk/docs.html

Not entirely sure how it works - but might be a good starting point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines