Highlighted

InDesign suddenly stops saving??

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been having an issue with InDesign for months on and off. Three things happen:

- When trying to copy and paste it will tell me I can't do so because there's not enough disk space (not true - I have plenty of memory)

- Option to save becomes greyed out in menu (shortcut unavailable also)

- Option to undo becomes greyed out in menu (shortcut unavailable also)

I have tried resetting ID preferences a few weeks ago, but the problem persists and I have no idea what triggers it. For example, I was just filling in a table from an existing InDesign file and the ability to save suddenly stopped. I did nothing out of the ordinary except type and try to cut and paste. 

I am using a student account for Adobe CC and am working on a brand new iMac running macOS Catalina.

Does anybody know why this is happening? Any solutions would be VERY appreciated!

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign suddenly stops saving??

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been having an issue with InDesign for months on and off. Three things happen:

- When trying to copy and paste it will tell me I can't do so because there's not enough disk space (not true - I have plenty of memory)

- Option to save becomes greyed out in menu (shortcut unavailable also)

- Option to undo becomes greyed out in menu (shortcut unavailable also)

I have tried resetting ID preferences a few weeks ago, but the problem persists and I have no idea what triggers it. For example, I was just filling in a table from an existing InDesign file and the ability to save suddenly stopped. I did nothing out of the ordinary except type and try to cut and paste. 

I am using a student account for Adobe CC and am working on a brand new iMac running macOS Catalina.

Does anybody know why this is happening? Any solutions would be VERY appreciated!

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you copying and pasting from and to? 

Student CC account is same as full version, there's no difference.

Brand new iMac means very little, what specs is it? What Mac is it? 

Resetting preferences often fixes problems - but sometimes the problem can be deeper - try the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you also tried deleting your InDesign cache files? This is different than deleting preferences and can sometimes help.

To do so on a Mac:

The User Library folder in which InDesign’s cache files are stored is hidden by default on most Macintoshes. To access it make sure that InDesign is closed and click on the desktop to launch a Finder Window (Command-N). With this window in column view follow the path User>Home folder (it’s the folder with an icon that looks like a house—it may have the user’s name rather than “Home”) and click on the Home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. “Library” will now appear within the Home folder. Within the Library folder find the “Caches” folder. Within the Caches folder find and delete the entire folder “Adobe InDesign”. I find that deleting the InDesign cache folder completely leads to a lasting change.

There is also an InDesign preference file that isn't always addressed with instructions for deleting preferences. Follow the instructions above to get into the Library folder and within that go into the Preferences folder and delete the file called "com.adobe.InDesign.plist".

Make sure that InDesign is closed when you do any or all of the above. Then relaunch InDesign and see if either of these suggestions has done any good.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0