Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign system requirements

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all,

what are the most important components for indesign to run as fast as possible? I have 32 gb of ram ( think that is good enough) Would the ram mHz speed improve the performance?

Thanks

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Adobe InDesign requires 4GB of minimum RAM while 16GB is required for professional use. You have 32GB of memory which should be more than enough to run Adobe InDesign. You may find Adobe InDesign system requirements on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/system-requirements.html

If your machine meets(or exceeds) these requirements, I am sure your InDesign will work fine.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Adobe InDesign requires 4GB of minimum RAM while 16GB is required for professional use. You have 32GB of memory which should be more than enough to run Adobe InDesign. You may find Adobe InDesign system requirements on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/system-requirements.html

If your machine meets(or exceeds) these requirements, I am sure your InDesign will work fine.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 32 GB should be more than enough but what processor do you have and are you using an SSD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob. I have i7 9770, an ssd of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I am about to get a new system. Right now I have a 2015 iMac with 4 cores, 32 GB of RAM, 4 GB of VRAM and an SSD drive. My main document is 320 pages with over 400 images. It runs ok, but can become sluggush, especially when scrolling in page view. I really like using page view as it let's me navigate the document with ease. What upgrades would help the most? Thinking to go to 8 cores, 128 GB RAM, 8 GB VRAM...

In other words, I am not interested in the minimum requirements, but how to get the maximum performance. 

Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines