• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign table export consistency between e-readers

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, re: Indesign table conversion to epub — is there a way to get it looking consistent between e-readers? I set the table styles such that they're no visible borders or rules so that the table looks like it's part of the body text.

The first screenshot on the left of a reflowable epub export opened in iBooks (left) and Calibre (right). Is there a way to get the one in iBooks to look like the one in Calibre, which is preferable? I opened it up the file in Adobe Digital Editions and it displays like the one in Calibre.

Also, the rules still showed up in the epub so I edited the CSS in Calibre so that the borders and lines are at "none" but they still show up in Kindle Previewer (see 2nd screenshot). Is there any way to get it to look consistent?
TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , How to , Import and export , Print , Publish online , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Tables are problematical with ePubs, it might be worth creating it as a graphic and see if that works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tables are problematical with ePubs, it might be worth creating it as a graphic and see if that works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Derek!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines