InDesign taking forever to open and displaying "Finding linked files..." message

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my issue. I have an ID template file that is used company wide. The file is located on a server in St. Paul and we have users in Denver and Madison that access the file on a normal basis. Whenever our users try to open the file (from the St. Paul server) it gives this message "Finding linked file x of 18". There is only one linked file in the document so why would it be trying to find 18 linkes and why would it be taking so long to open up? I was reading something about absolute links but not sure if this is the issue. Thank you in advance for any help!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I am having the same problem. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi together,

you could disable the following options in your InDesign Preferences:

Preferences > File Handling > Links

[  ] Check Links Before Opening Document

[  ] Find Missing Links Before Opening Document

You could also disable live preflight.

But if you do this, make sure that you go to the Links panel and look for missing or out-of-date links every time you opened a document.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines