• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign to Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to get my indesign file into illustrator so I get it into After Effects. Does anyone know how to do this? Or some different way to get my indesign file into After Effects. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to answer for sure. If it's a simple layout, it's probably easier to just do it over in Illustrator. You could try to export a PDF from InDesign and open that in Illustrator but I make no promises of how well that work out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the file from someone else. I think the best idea is to ask him to do it again. I tried exporting it a PDF but it only sees it as 1 and not seperate objects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting to PDF and opening in Illustrator will let you import and edit the document, but it will be messy. I suggest using the PDF as a template on a locked layer and rebuilding the file.

Copy the text from InDesign and paste into Illustrator, copying the formatting by viewing the InDesign file and positioning the text using the template.

If any graphics are supplied as separate files place them (if rasters like PSD, TIF, or JPEG) or open them and paste into the file (if Illustrator files).

This can be a lot of work for a long document ,although I suspect this is a single page file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What kind of objects are we talking about? When you say the exported PDF opened in AI as one object, did it come in as one big image?...in which case that may be how it was built by the person that created the file.

Can you post examples?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines