Highlighted

Indesign to pdf colour setting error

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting my Indesign document to pdf I get the following error: 

"The preset specifies source profiles that don't match the current colour settings file. Profiles specified by the colour settings file will be used" 

When looking at the exported pdf there is a clear difference between the greys. The first two images is how they look in Indesign (and how I want them), the second two what they show as pdf: 

Indesign coloursIndesign coloursIndesign coloursIndesign coloursPDF coloursPDF coloursPDF coloursPDF colours

I tried looking around on how to fix this and I can't find anything besides that colour conversion needs to be off (which it is). If anyone knows how to fix this I would be very grateful! 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by rob day | Adobe Community Professional

The warning and the different color are two separate issues.

The Summary tab warning—The preset specifies source profiles that don't match the current colour settings file. Profiles specified by the colour settings file will be used happens when the document’s RGB profile assignment is something other than sRGB. The warning can be safely ignored, because there would be no problem with using a larger RGB space like AdobeRGB—sRGB is a poor choice for print output because it clips significant portions of a typical CMYK color space.

With the document’s RGB assignment set to ProPhoto RGB. Use Edit>Assign Profiles and not Color Settings to assign the profile:

Screen Shot 25.png

Set to sRGB:

Screen Shot 27.png

On the color shift, does it happen if you export using the default PDF/X-4 preset with no changes? And are you viewing in AcrobatPro?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indesign to pdf colour setting error

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting my Indesign document to pdf I get the following error: 

"The preset specifies source profiles that don't match the current colour settings file. Profiles specified by the colour settings file will be used" 

When looking at the exported pdf there is a clear difference between the greys. The first two images is how they look in Indesign (and how I want them), the second two what they show as pdf: 

Indesign coloursIndesign coloursIndesign coloursIndesign coloursPDF coloursPDF coloursPDF coloursPDF colours

I tried looking around on how to fix this and I can't find anything besides that colour conversion needs to be off (which it is). If anyone knows how to fix this I would be very grateful! 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by rob day | Adobe Community Professional

The Summary tab warning—The preset specifies source profiles that don't match the current colour settings file. Profiles specified by the colour settings file will be used happens when the document’s RGB profile assignment is something other than sRGB. The warning can be safely ignored, because there would be no problem with using a larger RGB space like AdobeRGB—sRGB is a poor choice for print output because it clips significant portions of a typical CMYK color space.

With the document’s RGB assignment set to ProPhoto RGB. Use Edit>Assign Profiles and not Color Settings to assign the profile:

Screen Shot 25.png

Set to sRGB:

Screen Shot 27.png

On the color shift, does it happen if you export using the default PDF/X-4 preset with no changes? And are you viewing in AcrobatPro?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 25.png

Set to sRGB:

Screen Shot 27.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0