• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign to Word

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read that this can be done BUT ...

I have an ID book of 140 pages and need to translate in to Word. I export it as a PDF and close ID. I then open it in Acrobat and go to export it as a Word document. Unfortunately it fails everytime.

I get the message "The specified file could not be written to. It may be in use."

I have closed everything else on my MAC. Thoughts????

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020
Whatever it is has nothing to do with InDesign. You can try the Acrobat forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever it is has nothing to do with InDesign. You can try the Acrobat forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry! You're right! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much of the layout do you need to reproduce in the Word file? Are there graphics? Are there text frames that are not part of the main story? Is the text from page to page linked across one chain of text frames?

If you want to export the text of the main story with formatting preserved you can export to RTF (Rich Text Format) by putting the insertion point in the story then going to File > Export. This will save the formatted text in a document Word can open. It will preserve most or all paragraph and character formatting, but only for the selected story. Master page items, other items in other pages, graphics, and layout won't transfer because those are not part of the text. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines