Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Tool Bar Missing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need help!!!

As you can see by the side my menu / tool bar has gone, it wont come back!

Anyone know how to get it back up?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Choose Window > Tools, or go to Window > Workspace > Reset [current workspace name]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you press Tab? (The default behavior is to toggle between opening and closing all windows & panels.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what happens when i press tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose Window > Tools, or go to Window > Workspace > Reset [current workspace name]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing - thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shaunna-gracem60908023  wrote

This is what happens when i press tab

[…]

You must have selected the menu option "Tab" (which is actually called "Tabs", by the way). I -- and Derek Cross, above -- meant the key marked Tab, on your keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the reason Derek suggested it is that if you hit the Tab key, it temporarily hides the Tools panel on the left and the panels on the right. Pressing Tab a second time, returns them to the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you're fond of using such shortcuts intentionally (in stead of hitting the tab by accident), then you'll appreciate the Shift-Tab: it hides all the extra panels, except the Tool bar on the left and Control bar on the top (if the latter is present...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A useful tip, that I'm sure Steve would be aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would he ? I was just about to tell him about the Classic workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, I'd forgotten that one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this happen recently, and the "reset workspace" or even changing the workspaces had no effect. Note I was trying to do this while a document was open. I found the only solution was to close the dociument I was trying to work on, then open up a new blank document. This seemed to open up the InDesign window, a document within that window, as well as the normal woprkspace windows (tools included). I then double clicked on the document I was originally working on and having problems with. That document window then opened up within the currently open InDesign window as a tab, alongside the new blank document window. I saved the document I was trying to work on, which seemed to override whatever panel preferences the problematic document seemed to have adopted. I closded the document and reopened it, and tools and other windows were where they should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  So helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines