• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign treats every word as misspelled in en_UK dictionary

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, hope there is some help out there!

I've been sent a document to be fixed by one of my colleagues where the spell check does not recognise any word as a proper word from the 'English: UK' dictionary. It returns 'Unknown Word - No Suggestions' in the spell checker. When I change the dictionaty to 'English: US' it seems to fix the issue, but I want the document set in 'English: UK'.

The dictionary is set to the UK variant in both InDesign preferences as well as the paragraph style used. I've not had this problem before. I've included a text file that is returning the 'misspelled words, screenshot below.

Any help greatly appreciated!

DJClements_0-1619703860506.png

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I opened your sample document.

When I copy n pasted the textframe to a NEW document, the problem vanished.

Seems to be some sort of document corruption that did not clarify even when round-tripping out to an IDML file and back.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mike,

Yes I noticed that too, and also tried the IDML method. I am trying to see if there's a way of fixing it in the original document, as there are a lot of pages and master slided to rebuild for a new document, which I am trying to avoid. I may just have to bite the bullet though!

Thanks for looking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines