Highlighted

InDesign Typekit fonts are available, but doesn't have activation feature

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While working in InDesign, the "Activate Font" while viewing missing fonts is not showing or available, yet the fonts are available on the website. I have to manually go to the site to acivate instead of doing it through InDesign. Is this a simple sign out and back in or is this a bug? Anyone else experience this?

Topics

Activation, Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign Typekit fonts are available, but doesn't have activation feature

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While working in InDesign, the "Activate Font" while viewing missing fonts is not showing or available, yet the fonts are available on the website. I have to manually go to the site to acivate instead of doing it through InDesign. Is this a simple sign out and back in or is this a bug? Anyone else experience this?

Topics

Activation, Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using. Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. What kind of Creative Cloud subscription are you using? (Some Enterprise or other subscriptons may limit the use of Adobe Fonts.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac High Sierra 10.13.6 with the most recent InDesign 2020. Fully licensed CC.

I can use fonts and activate them fine. I am referring to while in InDesign, every time I open a document with missing fonts, the activate fonts doesn't show, but when I go directly to Typekit I can then install/activate the fonts. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first things I would test: (1) Go to the Creative Cloud app in the menu bar and sign out and sign in again. (2) Restore your InDesign preferences:

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Files ...www.rockymountaintraining.com › Adobe InDe...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines