Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign UI too small

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the UI Scaling slider.

How to enlarge the InDesign interface elements?

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

There is hope for then. Go to edit > preferences > UI Scaling in InDesign and try smallest and largest to see if you get something useable.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

תצלום מסך.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like mine...NO SLIDER!🧐

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's under UI Scaling but it's garbage. Unless you match it to the Operating System scaling it won't work at all. I've been shouting about it for years. The powers that be at Adobe simply don't care.

Just watch...the employees comment on every open post here but mention the UI Scaling on Windows and it's "See no evil..." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no solution to this?

I can barely read what is written...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the Operating System UI scaling set to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thank you for your help!

I don't really know where to check it...

It it on indesign or it in the desktop/windows setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a Windows setting:

2021-01-18_16-20-17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

תצלום מסך.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is hope for then. Go to edit > preferences > UI Scaling in InDesign and try smallest and largest to see if you get something useable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

תצלום מסך.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the UI Scaling slider... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What makes you think there's a slider? As I said, it's garbage. You get three choices...no scaling, 150% and 200% and those are dependent on the operating system setting.

Did you try them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @BobLevine,

I recently purchased Adobe CC and noticed these problems straight away. I'm not even sure which UI is supposed to be correct. Photoshop looks pixelated on my screen, InDesign is way too small and Illustrator seems to be a mixture of small and big. I tried setting an artboard up in each, 1920x1080 and zooming to actual size. Photoshop got the same zoom as other apps (Affinity suite) 394% while illustrator and InDesign got 100%. I'm not sure what everything is supposed to look like so I'm just confused. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my system fonts to 125% and it has no effect. Blender has scaling options independent of Windows operating system so why doesn't Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently wrapped up an InDesign class and I can say that the OS scaling does work. Normally I run my 27-in. 4K monitors at 150% but when I do a class, I change my "broadcast" monitor to 225%. I usually close InDesign when I change this, but that's more for stability than ID not responding to the scale change. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given how eye-wateringly expensive Adobe software is and they still haven't got around to something as fundamentally obvious as giving the user proper control over how big text looks in Adobe CC. Like selling a new car (not self-driving) and forgetting to include steering wheel. Even the higher and lower DPI thing isn't wonderful. Just give up a slider or input box so we (users) can input how big we want text to be! 😠 I think Blender, which is free, has had this feature for a while. Why is it so difficult?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Couldn't agree more with Fastertrack ^^^ This is a complete and utter joke 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines