• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Unlock Master page element inaccurately

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am making a book and have a text and page number on top of a colored rectangle in the background (because I wanted the page to have some color). I have these in the master page.

I know the short cut key for unlocking element in document page is Shift-Cmd-Click; however, eachtime I tried to unlock the text it automatically uncloks the background colors instead; and then it will cover all the other master elements like page number. I can certainly unclock everything one by one but it would be a cost of time. I wonder is there another way like make the text editble in the master page so I don't have to unlock it every time?

The first picture shows the master template which is locked; and the second one is when I tried to unlock the text. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 4.34.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-11 at 4.34.29 PM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Have you tried using layers and leaving the master page items alone? Layers work with master pages, so you could make a layer for master page items and a lower layer for your background. Lock the background to target only master page items, lock the master page items to target only the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using layers and leaving the master page items alone? Layers work with master pages, so you could make a layer for master page items and a lower layer for your background. Lock the background to target only master page items, lock the master page items to target only the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! that is what I wanted. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad I could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines