• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign (up to date) - issue with colour values, especially brightness (HSB)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

It's my first time posting here so be kind! There must be something I missed but since I last updated InDesign 2021 (done on 31st March and it is still up to date as of today). I work on a MacBook Pro.

Some coloured shapes in some of my files have gone wrong. White has turned bright blue (see attachement - when selected the blue shape shows RGB 255/255/255 (?!?). The light green has turned purple, etc. I had to import a jpeg I saved (luckily) and colour pick the colours I choose previously as a work around but this is really annoying. I think it goes wrong when I use the HSB colour values. And I use it a lot, especially to darken some colours and tweaking some colours. (I also swithed to Illustrator for some of the files which might be a better fit for that purpose)

Not sure what I did wrong, is it a mistake in the colour space? Do you have the same issue? I looked it up online but didn't find anything on the matter. My last resort will be to unsintall and install it again which is something I should have tried maybe earlier but if there is a quick fix, lett me know.

Thank you! Flo.Screenshot 2021-04-28 at 10.08.01_arrows.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Flo,

check your Color Management settings. Could be that they were reset to:

Emulate InDesign 2.0 CMS Off

If that's the case you probably see two known bugs at work.

[1] A bug that changed your color management whithout notice when updating InDesign, PhotoShop or Adobe Bridge to the setting "Emulate InDesign 2.0 CMS Off". More on that here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/colour-not-displaying-correctly-in-indesign/m-p/11980247#M42...

[2] A bug that does not show HSB colors correctly in preview when color management is set to "Emulate InDesign 2.0 CMS Off". This second bug will be resolved with the upcoming InDesign update to 16.2.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe, 

Thanks a lot for your quick and helpful response. Really appreciated. I've changed the colour settings to 'North America General Purpose 2' (I've tried a few others before but they didn't work and I didn't try this one at the time) and it seems to be working so far. Can't wait for the 16.2 update. My InDesign cloud says my InDesign is up to date (16.1) but I've seen the comment dated 21st April saying it should be released tthis week? 

Thanks again, 

Flo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Florencer

Welcome to this friendly forum – don't be reluctant to post, no one will be unkind to you!

Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Derek, 
Thank you for your kind message. Asking someone is often my last resort (see how desperate I was!) and I can see that it is a welcoming community. Thank you! Flo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines