Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign v13.1.1 not launching on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.
I have to use the Indesign v13.1.1 to convert IDMLs that open in a different program (SDL Trados) that only accepts IDML from this version. I have the Indesign v13.1.1 installed on my computer, but since yesterday it doesn't open. I know this version is no longer available to download, but I have it since 2018.
How can I know if this version, even installed, it is not available to use/open?

Tks

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

I am surprised that InDesign CC2018 was working on Catalina. The versions supposed to work on Catalina are CC2019 onwards. See the following

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/fix-macos-64-bit-compatibility-errors.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Thanks for sharing the information. I agree with Manan here. InDesign v13 is only compatible till macOS 10.13.
I'd recommend updating your app to the latest version. You may check with the SDL Trados for the compatibility with the new version. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Would you mind sharing version of OS? Did you make any changes in the OS recently?

Also, check the system requirements of Adobe InDesign (v13.x) on this help article.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for answer.

I'm using OS Catalina 10.15.2, but I did no system changes and Indesign was working well until yesterday.
The truth is that yesterday, all apps from CC was working badly and I've had to uninstalled and installed the programs again, then they came back to normal. But since this Indesign version it is not available anymore, except on my computer, I am concerned about doing the same and kept it without reinstallation.

Tks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the information. I agree with Manan here. InDesign v13 is only compatible till macOS 10.13.
I'd recommend updating your app to the latest version. You may check with the SDL Trados for the compatibility with the new version. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am surprised that InDesign CC2018 was working on Catalina. The versions supposed to work on Catalina are CC2019 onwards. See the following

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/fix-macos-64-bit-compatibility-errors.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines