• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign v15.1.1 crashing while running spellcheck on macOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign 15.1.1 is crashing most times I run spell check. The first couple of spelling errors are picked up ok and then as it picks up the next error the program crashes and quits.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Looks like the file got corrupt/ damaged. Try moving the pages to a new document (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/pages-spreads-1.html) and see if that helps.

There are multiple factors that can lead to file corruption, however, we can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. If moving pages doesn't help, please email your file to idfile@adobe.com & we will take a look at the file.

I must also inform you that file recovery can't be guaran

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS?
Does it happen on a specific document or all documents you try to work on?
You may try resetting preferences if it happens on all documents

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

If it is happening with a specific document, try saving it as IDML and see if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - Im using OS Catalina 10.15.5

Seems to be a specific dsocument and have tried sabving as IDML but it persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Looks like the file got corrupt/ damaged. Try moving the pages to a new document (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/pages-spreads-1.html) and see if that helps.

There are multiple factors that can lead to file corruption, however, we can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. If moving pages doesn't help, please email your file to idfile@adobe.com & we will take a look at the file.

I must also inform you that file recovery can't be guaranteed with a 100% success. We'll surely try our best.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the answer.

InDesign spell check crashes on multiple documents. I produce large tender documents and spell check will crash InDesign over and over again without fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm hoping that the issue is resolved for you. 

If the above-mentioned solution or suggestion helped, please mark it correct.

If not, do let us know so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried moving all the pages and master pages and the problem persists in that new document - when I skip through the spell check suggestions, after a few clicks indesign crashes and quits. Ive emnailed the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same thing is happening to me. Catalina 10.15.6; iD 15.1.1

Suspect it might be permissions on custom dictionaries?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happening to me on High Sierra. Also, it is definitely not one document - it happens on any document when I try to spellcheck. Update to 15.1.2  but it's still happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, constantly crashing across multiple documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines