• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 (15.1.2) crashing while right clicking the text on macOS Mojave

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When ever I right click within a document Indesign crashes - this has been going for a number of weeks 

I have deleted all the preferences - more than once - that fixes the probelm for a one time use

the probelm only happens in Indesign and in all documents so I know that it is and Adobe issue

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Has anyone got any suggestions?

I am still using Majove - would that be a be a problem?

My system is

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac18,3

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 3.8 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 32 GB

Boot ROM Version: 179.0.0.0.0

SMC Version (system): 2.41f1

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd recommend resetting preferences of Adobe InDesign manually. Please follow instructions to do that below:

• Close all adobe applications 
  • Go to Locations:  
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from the CC 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.

If that doesn't help, try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which are conflicting with the InDesign

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. This has been reported by a few other users as well and we're currently investigating it. I would like to know if the steps suggested above help resolving the issue? If not, please share post this issue on our UserVoice page and share the link here. 

This way you'll keep getting all the updates related to this feature and other users can also upvote it.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines