• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign vs Affinity Publisher on 4K Monitors

Engaged ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been wracking my brain trying to solve the terrible performance on my 4K monitor with InDesign, Illustrator, and Bridge 2020 on my system (listed below). Photoshop appears to fine.

I thought it was my videocard, or Catalina, or my monitor.

Then I tried a beta of Affinity Publisher, AND IT SMOKED! Publisher performed like I was using a 2K monitor. Grabber hand, editing, moving objects. Smooth as silk.

I'm giving Adobe 6 months to join us in the 21st Century. And if by the end of summer this is still an issue, I'm out.

This is painful.

System: Mac Pro 5,1. Catalina 10.15.3. 12 core. 48Gb RAM. M.2 boot drive. RX 5700 XT Sapphire Pulse GPU with 8Gb RAM.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made this 30 second video to show the difference between InDesign 2020 and Affinity Publisher on a 4K monitor. The "edit" is simply hitting Command + Tab (app switching):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyW2vbw1Yig&feature=youtu.be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this -- I thought I was the only one -- I even built a beast of Windows machine as I thought it could be my iMac but still struggling with ID -- I have emailed them numerous times and the lag is killing my productivity -- just downloaded Affinity and all I can say is WOW.

Are you still using Alffinity, how do you like it - does it handle INDML OK?

My machine specs are :
Intel Core i7 - 9700F CPU @ 3.00 GHZ 8 core 64 GB of ram 64 bit operating system NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 164 MB memory Monitor is BenQ PD3200U 4K UHD - hooked up via HDMI

and
Mac mini (M1, 2020) - 16GB Ram - 2TB SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines