• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 'what's new'

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I stop Indesign telling me What's New every. single. day?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Ah. Sorry. I was wrong with my reply:

The "What's New" notifications should go away after you used a certain feature the first time and clicked the notification away. I also see that with a fresh install of InDesign with my students at University. Oh yes, it's very annoying!

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign? What operating system? Usually there is a close box, or a Don't Show Again box. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Indesign About screen just says 15.1 x64, (C) 1999-2019. I updated it just yesterday from the CC. I'm running Windows 10, also a recent purchase. There's a close X, but I don't want to do that every day. I would be grateful if you could tell me where the Don't Show Again might be located.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BeckOzineedhelp,

I do not get that notification, window or what ever this is, because I changed my InDesign preferences.

Preferences > General >

[ ] Show "Start" Workspace When No Documents Are Open

And also did this:

Preferences > General >

[ x ] Use Legacy "New Document" Dialog

Plus: I'm using a customized workspace that is based on the delivered workspace "Typography".

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. Sorry. I was wrong with my reply:

The "What's New" notifications should go away after you used a certain feature the first time and clicked the notification away. I also see that with a fresh install of InDesign with my students at University. Oh yes, it's very annoying!

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Uwe, I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The  *&^%$#@!  annoying pop-ups are a feature designed into Adobe's programs. As Uwe said, a pop-up should stop after you either click and view the feature, or after a few launches.

But I find that's not really the case. You get one pop-up to stop, but another starts popping up. And another. And then whenever you update, the "meter" is reset to zero.

Maybe we users should strike back?  How about logging a complaint on www.InDesign.UserVoice.com and www.Acrobat.UserVoice.com and whateverelse.userVoice.com and get everyone to vote every time they get another annoying pop-up? Supposedly, Adobe needs to see 100+ votes on a topic in order to notice the complaint.

Given that each of us probably gets 100 annoying pop-ups a day;  if we annoyed Adobe as much as they annoy us, they just might listen. Maybe.

May the force be with us.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I really HATE those things!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They can mark that "correct" all they like, but I shouldn't be forced to invent a reason to use a new feature, just to make its reminder go away. That is terrible design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do confirm that this crazy thing missed only after going to link inside that thing about new features web-page. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines