• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign will not load completely and hangs

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what is wrong, but I am unable to log into my InDesign.  I have made sure I am logged in. They pulled my monthly fee just a few days ago.

It actually does open, but my mouse cursor has a closed hand with one finger and you can't click on anything. Here is what I see...

indesign-splash-screen.jpg

If I go to the task bar and right click on the icon and tell it to "Close Window," it does nothing.  The only way I can close the screen is to go to task manager and "End Task."  See Task Manager images below...

indesign-task-manager.jpg

adobe-background-processes.jpg

I have run CCleaner twice, I uninstalled InDesign and reinstalled it.  I have no idea what else to try.  I tried calling someone at Adobe, but the wait time is 48 minutes so I thought I would try here.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED!   I finally got ahold of support.  We had to do some kind of restart to the InDesign.  But it was something he had to do umder user/name/roaming/adobe

I lost all of my preferences, but at least now I can use InDesign.  LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From your description it sounds like they had you reset (aka "trash") your preferences, a basic trouble shooting-step.

You might want to bookmark this link for future reference: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/reset-indesign-preferences-and-other-troubleshooting/td-p/11...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a Windows guy, so I can't help you there, but if you post your versions of InDesign and Windows, you might get some help a little faster.

They pulled my monthly fee just a few days ago.

I have "Manage My Account" available in the Help menu in my Mac version. It might be somewhere else on Windows, but I couldn't say for sure. Maybe your subscription needs to be updated. Just a thought.

EDIT: Looks like you got it sorted while I was replying. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Glad to hear you got your issue resolved. I'd request you to follow the suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...) if you have similar concern in the future.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines