• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign with HTML

Engaged ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EASILY SOLVED: Read if you want to be humored - I currently do a very simple 8-12 page neswletter for a non-profit group using InDesign CC. I have to email a PDF to the members of this group every month. I'd love a non-complex way for them to open their newsletter on their website (maybe in HTML?) while I provide a link to it in an email intro to them. 

I've been out of the Adobe ring for some time. Though I have and use their current software apps, I've not much applied many tips or tricks. That said, is there a way to do this? Heck, I don't even know if it makes sense. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

I've been out of the Adobe ring for some time. 

You might want to look at File>Publish Online... which will create a responsive HTML version of the layout. You can then provide the published newsletter to your clients as a URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's wrong with sending a PDF?

I'd produce it in single pages (not spreads) so that it can be more easily read on tablets and smart phones as well as computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek - here is nothiing wrong with sending a PDF. This is only a small part of the workflow for this organization - It simplifies things across the board. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been out of the Adobe ring for some time. 

You might want to look at File>Publish Online... which will create a responsive HTML version of the layout. You can then provide the published newsletter to your clients as a URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob - That is exactly what I did. I should have posted my solution, sorry. Maybe I wasn't sure it was the right one. LOL I am sure now, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Publish Online is a great way to go and there are many opportunities to include interactivty to increase the interest of your readers. Check out these examples, some of which are newsletters/magazines: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy WOW, Diane. That's awesome! I love it - and would love learning about it. How amazing would this be for the readers of this newsletter to recieve it as such? Many are home bound (due to age and illness) and would truly appreciate the interactivity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bear in mind you have to be online to read a Publish Online document.

You can enable it so a PDF (static) version to be downloaded from the online version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Derek. I started to read about that ut got interrupted. I think that is a great option for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Derek's right, the user needs internet access.

A good place to start might be with a couple of my courses on LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)

One on Animations in InDesign:

http://bit.ly/IDAnimations-LIL

Another on Publish Onine:

http://bit.ly/IDPubOn-LIL

Hope that helps, have fun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines