• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign won't change "Save As" automatic location after update

Participant ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to ID 2021 this morning after experiencing bugs with the previous version. I'm noticing a new issue, now that ID is considering all older documents an outdated form that needs converted. When I go to Save As on any document that isn't already in this 2021 format, ID keeps defaulting back to the first folder I saved a 2021 ID style file in. It will not update the Save As location unless I open and Save As a file already formatted as 2021. It's not pulling up the locations for anything in any other format, which is obviously every project I've worked on before this morning. I'm being constantly routed to an unrelated folder and have to sort through my servers for the appropriate location every time I pull up a file. Is there any way to have it remember where a document is pulling from and move the Save As to there? Any plans for it to do so? I remember some hiccups with this in previous versions, but not this bad.

Project order/issue, in case it helps clarify what I'm experiencing:

• Opened v2020 file A from folder A.
    InDesign makes me Save As to a 2021 version and find a folder.
  • Opened v2020 file B from folder B.
    InDesign makes me Save As and defaults to folder A.
  • Opened v2020 file C from folder C.
    InDesign Save As defaults to folder A again despite working on/saving file B in 2021 format.
  • Opened v2020 file D from folder D.
    InDesign Save As defaults to folder A again despite working on/saving files B & C in 2021 format.
  • Opened v2021 file B from folder B.
    Selecting Save As defaults to Folder B, and now Save As consistently defaults to folder B for everything instead.
TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

This is a known bug in the latest update and is being worked upon by the Adobe Engineering team. For updates look at this link. Also do upvote the issue so that it is picked up for fix at the earliest.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug in the latest update and is being worked upon by the Adobe Engineering team. For updates look at this link. Also do upvote the issue so that it is picked up for fix at the earliest.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, thank you. I tried to search for posts about similar bugs before posting myself but found nothing in my own search results except one from 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines