Highlighted

InDesign won't open

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have InDesign 2020 on a macOS Catalina MacBook Pro version 10.15.3.  About a month ago, InDesign wouldn't open and I had to uninstall it and re-install.  It works for a couple of times and then I have to do it again, and again.  About that same time I had some issues with fonts not working.  I would get a message that certain fonts could not be found and the font list disappeared from my menu.  Could the two issues be related?  It's getting tiresome to have to wait for the re-install! 

This all seemed to happen around the time I bought this new computer, but not sure.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Scott_Citron | Adobe Community Professional

I suggest uninstall/reinstall, once more. But this time, make sure to allow the InDesign installer to delete all previous settings and preferences. Here's how to do so manually. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/troubleshooting-101-replace-or-quot-trash-quot-your-indesign-preferences-2009-outdated-locked/td-p/2280649?page=1

Also, delete all existing InDesign cache files before reinstalling. 

Let me know if, after following this advice, you're still having problems.

Scott

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign won't open

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have InDesign 2020 on a macOS Catalina MacBook Pro version 10.15.3.  About a month ago, InDesign wouldn't open and I had to uninstall it and re-install.  It works for a couple of times and then I have to do it again, and again.  About that same time I had some issues with fonts not working.  I would get a message that certain fonts could not be found and the font list disappeared from my menu.  Could the two issues be related?  It's getting tiresome to have to wait for the re-install! 

This all seemed to happen around the time I bought this new computer, but not sure.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Scott_Citron | Adobe Community Professional

I suggest uninstall/reinstall, once more. But this time, make sure to allow the InDesign installer to delete all previous settings and preferences. Here's how to do so manually. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/troubleshooting-101-replace-or-quot-trash-quot-your-indesign-preferences-2009-outdated-locked/td-p/2280649?page=1

Scott

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/troubleshooting-101-replace-or-quot-trash-quot-your-indesign...

Scott

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines