• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign wont open

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i open indesign it starts to open until “initializing”process in purple window; then a window indesign.exe appears: “indesign being closed. important error has been found. start indesign again to restore documents, which haven’t been saved.” Next window appears: adobe indesign cs6: indesign is not working anymore. Searching for problem”. Next window adobe indesign cs6: indesign is not working anymore. program cant run due to a problem. the program will be closed and you will get informed, if there is a solution possible.

This happens 80% of time. Sometimes it opens after trying ~5 times, sometimes it doesnt open at all, or it opens and then these windows appear.

Does anyone know what to do?

Greetings!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to:

1) Reset InDesign preferences Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences ?

2) Reinstall InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your answer! im really not good with computers, so im having problems with executing the first option. i can just deinstal indesign and download it here again and use it with my normal serial key from 5 years ago?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't be 100% sure, but reinstall should work with no problems (CS6 is outdated so I'm not sure if Adobe still suports it)

You can download CS6 from here

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reinstallation completed, still the same problem...

does it even make sense to execute your first option then? (i tried the first option described in the article, but the other one not)

thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Strange, maybe you got a virus or something...

I suggest to keep trying all methods mentioned there - and if nothing will help - then you probably will need to reinstall your Windows and all programs - this will definitely solve the problems, but I assume this will not be an easy task for you...

Optionally, you can try to install InDesign to another disk or folder (not to the C:/Program Files) and see if it works

Personally, I find it's much easier to start fresh rather than trying to figure out what MIGHT went wrong and how to fix it.

Keep searching and trying!Windows and all programs reinstallation would be your last option.

Windows and all programs reinstallation would be your last option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines