Highlighted

Indesign working from DropBox

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Adobe products in association with dropbox as they recommended. Unfortunately it is not stopping people from opening the same file, this causes the person working in the file to loose all of their changes. I need to know what solution adobe has for teams to work remotely and possibly edited the same file at the same time.
TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indesign working from DropBox

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Adobe products in association with dropbox as they recommended. Unfortunately it is not stopping people from opening the same file, this causes the person working in the file to loose all of their changes. I need to know what solution adobe has for teams to work remotely and possibly edited the same file at the same time.
TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox will not work for the use case you mentioned. There is no such specific collaboration tools provided by Adobe that i know of, you could look into using InCopy that could help a bit in such a scenario. Apart from that i would suggest using something like InDesign book format and work on seperate InDesign document at a time which are then bunched together in the book

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Communication is the key to doing this successfully. Pick up the phone or send an email.

It's not that complicated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I hope your issue has been resolved till now. If not, please let us know so that we can assist you further. 

Else please confirm if any of the suggestions above helped. 

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0