Highlighted

InDesign workspace performance

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm turning 70 this year and am brand new to InDesign. How to I get a workspace to open up? I have a year's prepaid subscription so that should not be the problem. How can I bring up a new document workspace so I can begin learning? The Adobe Help Desk suggested that I uninstall and then reinistall but that seems an inefficient answer to my issue.  Anyone have any ideas ... or should I uninstall/reinstall?

Thanks.  Tim

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign workspace performance

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm turning 70 this year and am brand new to InDesign. How to I get a workspace to open up? I have a year's prepaid subscription so that should not be the problem. How can I bring up a new document workspace so I can begin learning? The Adobe Help Desk suggested that I uninstall and then reinistall but that seems an inefficient answer to my issue.  Anyone have any ideas ... or should I uninstall/reinstall?

Thanks.  Tim

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In InDesign workspaces are defined as a customized alignment of panels that have been set up to facilitate a particular work need. For example, my custom workspace has been set up to facilitate working in the world of print. I created this workspace and then was able to save it by using the "New Workspace" option (highlighted in the screenshot) and assigning it the name "BILL CUSTOM". This now was saved along with the preset workspaces that come with the program— as can be seen in the screenshot. As far as workspaces as a learning device, I'm not sure what you are talking about. If you're looking to learn InDesign there are many online courses available either from Adobe itself at https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/tutorials.html or from places liked Linkedin Learning (formerly Lynda.com) or even through the many posted InDesign turorial videos on Youtube.

WORKSPACE.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using InDesign 2020?

Workspaces are an arrangement of the InDesign panels where you choose different settings. There are premade workspaces that you can choose from in Window > Workspace.

If you simple want to create a new file, choose File > New > Document and you should be able to get started.

If none of that helps, can you be more specific what you're trying to do and what you're seeing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0