• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened my indesign file indd and for some reason all of my text that i was using as headings have vanished. On the pdf everything is still there but on the indd file they are not, and no typing is visible in the textboxes which originally had text in. No errors are shown. what has happened?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a hidden layer? Are the text boxes present but empty?

One thing to try is exporting to IDML them opening that It's a good way to clean up a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked and there are no hidden layers. I've just exported as to IDML and opened it, but still having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have any warnings about missing fonts or links?

Also, please alwasy tell us what version of InDesign you are using, for what OS, and the version of that OS. It usually helps to include a screen shot with hidden characters and frame edges showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines