Indesign

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I know it is in Danish but maybe some of you know the globe icon?

It tells me to 'check out' each time I want to edit. What can I do to remove this? I have no idea what button or feature I have activated..

Skærmbillede 2020-12-10 kl. 13.44.07.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Chad Chelius | Adobe Community Professional

Bob's right, what you're seeing is InCopy stories linked to your InDesign layout. If you no longer want to use the InCopy workflow, open your Links panel, select all of the .icml files and then choose Unlink from the Links panel menu.

InCopyForum.png

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indesign

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I know it is in Danish but maybe some of you know the globe icon?

It tells me to 'check out' each time I want to edit. What can I do to remove this? I have no idea what button or feature I have activated..

Skærmbillede 2020-12-10 kl. 13.44.07.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Chad Chelius | Adobe Community Professional

Bob's right, what you're seeing is InCopy stories linked to your InDesign layout. If you no longer want to use the InCopy workflow, open your Links panel, select all of the .icml files and then choose Unlink from the Links panel menu.

InCopyForum.png

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 10, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is InCopy content. You can unembed it through the assignments panel or the links panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InCopyForum.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! 🙂

Can you  also tell me how I have actived the InCopy?
I just wnted to copy from one document to another document?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not something you could do by accident.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0