Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

Can someone please help me and tell me why my space bar doesn't work as the hand tool all of a sudden. I hvave never had a problem with it befeore.

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Often special keys like that (space bar, Shift, Option/Alt) can be disabled by third party software or extensions. The way to test:

Quit out of InDesign, Restart your computer. If possible, disable your startup applications. (On a Mac, you could do this by holding down the Shift key on startup). OPEN INDESIGN FIRST before any other application. Test to see whether the Space Bar is now working. If it is working, there is an application/extension (like Anti-virus software, etc.) interfering. Wat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often special keys like that (space bar, Shift, Option/Alt) can be disabled by third party software or extensions. The way to test:

Quit out of InDesign, Restart your computer. If possible, disable your startup applications. (On a Mac, you could do this by holding down the Shift key on startup). OPEN INDESIGN FIRST before any other application. Test to see whether the Space Bar is now working. If it is working, there is an application/extension (like Anti-virus software, etc.) interfering. Watch carefully as you open other applications to find the culprit.

It could also be a problem with the Space Bar on your keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve is probably right, but depending on what you mean by "all of a sudden", another possibility is that you are in a text frame in a panel or something similar, and you need to exit. Try pressing Escape or Return, or try in a new document.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines