Highlighted

InDesing CC crashing while exporting a document

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I´m working in a big banner that is going to be printed. When I´m exporting the file, ID just shut down. Could the problem be that the file is to large? Is there a way to solve the problem? I have a deadline 😞

Thanks in advance

How big is your banner?
You could try setting up the document in scale (like 1:10) but then – IMPORTANT – don't scale your images (in the export tab No downsampling!).

And fyi – for a big banner (like 2-3 m or larger) you don't need 300ppi.
We produced banners with 30-50 ppi and they look just fine (viewing distance).

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesing CC crashing while exporting a document

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I´m working in a big banner that is going to be printed. When I´m exporting the file, ID just shut down. Could the problem be that the file is to large? Is there a way to solve the problem? I have a deadline 😞

Thanks in advance

How big is your banner?
You could try setting up the document in scale (like 1:10) but then – IMPORTANT – don't scale your images (in the export tab No downsampling!).

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

Which format are you exporting to?

What is the Effective PPI of any images included in the banner?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek

I have InDesing CC 2020 and Catalina as OS

I´m exporting to PDF write

The PPI is 300

Down here I added som screen shots of the RAM and the message a get when the program shut down.

Thanks!!

I have Skærmbillede 2020-10-01 kl. 13.51.21.pngSkærmbillede 2020-10-01 kl. 15.07.29.pngSkærmbillede 2020-10-01 kl. 15.07.38.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Participant ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big is your banner?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jens Trost,

Thanks for answering my question. Yes, the problem was the size of the documente and I set the docuement up in scale as you recommended. For some reason the printer wanted the photo at 300 PPI, but the problem is solved :).
Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0