• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index or Table of Contents? for directory in book of art and writing

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a book of student art and writing.  I need to add a directory like this at the end of the book.  Can this be accomplished in InDesign?  I have done a table of contents, but that doesn't seem quite right for this.  I am new to indexes.  Which would you use?  I would like for it to self populate and link to pages on the digital document.

School

Student (last, first)....Title of Work... Page number

In the document students are listed First Name- Last Name (can i mail merge or reference another document for the correct formatting of names- also school names?)

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 3.57.30 PM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you want to do an index. Traditionally Table of Contents appear at the front of the book and reference sections in the document. An index references specific words or phrases. Also, a Table of Contents can be automated where an index is a manual process. The index feature in InDesign can produce what you're looking for.

I don't understand the last part of your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines